The Bose A30 Aviation Headset is the most comfortable and full-featured around-ear headset Bose has ever created. As the first-ever around-ear aviation headset with three modes of user selectable active noise cancellation, it dramatically improves every flight experience. The A30 is the best combination of comfort, audio clarity and active noise cancellation available on the market.
The A30 upholds the acclaimed noise reduction of the A20 while reducing the clamping force by 20% – a significant improvement in the overall comfort of the headset. Plus, a fully digital active noise reduction system enhances the headset’s performance without sacrificing battery life. Tap control for talk-through communication can be utilized by double-tapping the earcups. The improved down cable is lighter and more flexible for easier movement and storage. Finally, the headset has an improved carrying case with internal zippered storage and padded sides for extra protection.
Elite and Trax Intercom versions have an added modification/re-wiring to work with PCI Intercoms. The A30 is a mono headset. The Trax wiring is compatible with Trax systems, but the speakers will remain mono.
Bose A30 Features:
- Lightweight design with low clamping force for unparalleled comfort. A full-sized around-ear headset with 20% less clamping force than the A20.
- Unmatched audio clarity with active equalization. Incoming signals are shaped and equalized for enhanced clarity and intelligibility.
- Industry-leading active noise reduction with three user selectable modes. Adjustable noise cancellation modes to accommodate different use cases or personal preference.
- Precision-focused noise cancelling microphone. The noise cancelling microphone is engineered for aircraft with “hot mic” or PTT systems to increase clarity and reduce background noise during transmission. Mic winglets also allow for precise mic and boom adjustments.
- Robust, durable design that is FAA TSO and EASA E/TSO-C139a certified. The headset is FAA/EASA TSO certified and has passed 145 separate tests by the Bose engineering and quality assurance team to ensure endurance in challenging operating environments.
- Removable/Side swappable down cable and mic, no tools required. Boom mic and cable can be mounted on either side of the headset without using any tools.
- Bluetooth® audio. Connect wirelessly to mobile devices, audio systems and electronic flight bags. Audio prioritization allows users to mix Bluetooth® audio with intercom audio or have intercom transmissions mute Bluetooth® temporarily. A non-Bluetooth® headset variant is also available.
- Shielded, durable and flexible cable. Cable is resistant to radiated emissions with a thin design that allows for increased freedom of movement and easy storage.
- Digital active noise cancellation. Significantly reduces ambient noise, allowing users to lower radio volume to a more comfortable listening level.
- Long term durability. Built and tested for extended use in demanding environments, having passed 145 separate tests by the Bose research and development team to ensure headset endurance.
- Tap control for talk-through communication. Double-tap either earcup to engage low mode and optimize audio for interpersonal communications outside of the intercom.
- Multiple plug types. Available in dual plug Aviation, PCI Elite and PCI Trax wiring.
- Automatic shutoff. Powers down automatically when not in use. An auto-on feature is also available on select panel-powered configurations.
- Exceptional battery life. Two AA batteries power 25-plus hours of Bluetooth® use and 45-plus hours without.
- Bypass communications mode. Primary intercom audio is available with or without power.
- Five-year limited warranty with acclaimed service. Worldwide coverage (excludes wear items like ear cushions, mic covers and headbands).
- Carrying case. Includes a strap and an internal zippered storage compartment and enhanced padding for safe and secure storage.